Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Feedback

Ok, I already have gotten three responses from the Mother job blog. My own Mum said to run like hell! Mom doesn't swear often......I couldn't handle something like this. I sorta already know that, but I wish I could be a superhero and rescue people from the hurt and pain, and show them love. How I wish I could give everyone Jesus, and have them see how real he is and how he has the power not only to forgive sins but to heal also.

Switching gears a bit here, I have done a lot of thinking lately about faith. I have had a person very dear to my heart, share with me about their own uncertainty about faith issues. I did some research on other faiths. It seemed to me that other faiths are focused on people, wether it about good karma, or reaching higher levels, the focus is on people (created things not the creator). I discovered something (I'm sure that it isn't something that only I have discovered). Christianity doesn't focus on people but on God. The story of the Bible is about God's love, his desire to bring people who have rebeled against Him back to Him. God is glorified not people. Believing in Christ Jesus death and Resurrection as God's way of having your sins dealt with and submitting to him as Lord and having a real living relationship with him, doesn't come by intellect. Of course you want to use your brain to understand what Jesus is all about and to see if he is a liar, lunatic, or Lord. But when it comes down to where the rubber meets the road, it is about faith. Faith is the conduit that jumps you from unbelief to belief. Faith is a personal journey between God's wooing you and your answer to that call. I can share what it all is to me and what the Bible says, but I can't argue anyone into believing all that I am telling them. Even though I want to be a superhero and save the world, I have to remember that the world doesn't need me to be a superhero, they need Jesus, he is the Super Superhero. He is the ultimate superhero. He is the only one who can save us from ourselves, from our selfish destructive living. I can't save a foster kid, or a friend, or anyone for that matter, only God can. I can live, only by the power of God, a life that shows the people in my life, Jesus. May God keep working on me, weeding all the selfishness out of me and make me more and more like Christ. Christ Jesus is the only one who can save a life.

No comments:

Post a Comment