Tuesday, December 23, 2008

A wonderful baking day!


What a wonderful day. I stayed home most all

of the day and did something I love to do: bake.

In and out of the oven came Christmas tree

shaped sugar cookies, cinnamon rolls and

Norwegian Christmas Bread. Yesturday my

kitchen saw Chocolate Chip Cheesecake bars

and Almond Paste Cake. Tomorrow I plan

to finish up with Chocolate Biscotti!


One of my favorite things about this time of the

year is making all of these yummy treats. Also,

I love to share them too. Jake and I took a

little drive out to the West side of Stockton to

deliver cinnamon rolls to a new friend. I met

Michelle in the homeschool group and was

instantly drawn to her when she said she has

five boys. With two boys already in college,

I knew she had some experience under her

belt. A few months back we met for dinner

and it was so nice to have someone to just

share life with. I told her today that she has

been an oasis in this desert time of my life.


The boys are so excited about Christmas.

They keep asking what is on the menu.

Drew did a happy dance in the middle

of the living room tonight. Devin is planning

on staying up late tomorrow on Christmas

Eve, so that he will be able to easily fall asleep.

And my Jake, he confessed tonight that he

is really just excited about the gifts and not

really about Christmas being about Jesus.

I assured him that it was okay, and that

for a six year old it is normal to be excited

just about the gifts. I told him that when

people are older they think more about it

being about Jesus.


If I could, I would get a gift for every one of you.

Your gift would be something that you have been

longing for. The price would not matter, just that

your gift would delight you and bring you joy!

I love giving gifts at Christmas, the surprise, the

wrapping, ribbon and bows. I hope that each of

you will have a special gift this Christmas!


Enjoy the day and don't worry about any of the

calories!


Love,

Deanne



3 comments:

  1. Oh, I'm so jealous. I would love to have a baking day sometime soon. I think I may do it all after Christmas, which is weird, but it will have to work. I love your Christmas sentiments. I wish you the best possible Christmas with your family. Be blessed, my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish I had the skills (and patience) you do to bake! I also wish I lived closer so I could endulge in some of it! We are off to Taco Bell Ha Ha

    --Erin

    ReplyDelete
  3. Deanne,

    I love and miss your cinnamon rolls. You're the best baker out there. That's a market you should tap into.

    Have a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year. Say hello to your family. I want to make a trip up there soon.

    Alison

    ReplyDelete