Sunday, February 1, 2009

Lighten Up Already!

In Genesis 1:3 and 4 it says:God said, “Let there be light.” And there was light! God saw that the light was good, so God separated the light from the darkness.

The Bible says that Jesus is the light of the world. In Sunday school as a little girl I would sing, "This Little light of mine". Light is from God. God created it! He created the sun and made plants to grow by the light of the sun and then placed man in a garden with plants. The sunlight is part of what plants need to grow and produce fruits and vegetables. On a sunny day we think of going outside and enjoying the sunlight.

Light is important to God and I have discovered that it is extremely important to me.

So, why all this writing about light? This over interest in light is due to the fact for the last 16 and 1/2 months I have been living in darkness. I have not been living in totally darkness, but it has been a dreary lack of light. In our little house there is a lack of light. I have often compared it to living in some one's basement. A few of you have visited me here in Lodi, in our oh-so-tiny house that is dim and dreary. One of my dearest friends has seen pictures and replied, "I see what you mean" to my complaints of my un-homey home. For those of you who know me well, I'm a very homey person. Don't get me wrong, I love to get out and about, but my home is important to me. Every single home that I have lived in, and it has been many!

I have been waiting-out living here, thinking that this would be very temporary and that we would possibly move with a job transfer for Jeff. We are still thinking that this could happen, but it will take some time, the right job and an offer; all of which are out of our hands and in God's hands. For the past two weeks I have been looking for a new place to live. I didn't feel I could continue in such a small place that was so dark. I look around the Lodi/Stockton area and just didn't find what I was looking for, for the price I wanted. I called Jeff last Tuesday, and started to cry, tears of frustration. He suggested looking in Modesto. I hopped right on that! I went to Modesto later in the day and looked at two places. The first place was too small and the other was more than I wanted to pay. I went home a bit discouraged, and with my oldest one thinking that I was too picky and that nothing would satisfy me. This was a good time for a good lesson for Devin. I explained to him that you have to know what you want and how much you are willing to pay for it and keep looking until you find it.

The next morning I jumped onto craigslist.com (if you haven't discovered this yet, you are missing out on the world of bargains!) Craigslist.com is a place that people advertise to sell stuff locally. There is other stuff on there (some not good) but you just search for the things you want. What I found was a house in Modesto that was at a great price and looked like what I was looking for. I went to look at it that day, and took Jeff back that night and................we are moving to Modesto!

That's right, everyone get out your white out, and cover up our old address and make room for a new one! We are here in the dungen....er....I mean, the old house until the end of February. Then off to Modesto we go!

This is a picture taken in the living room of the house we are at now:




Dark!Dark!Dark!

2 comments:

  1. Cool! You'll be closer to us!

    -Erin

    ReplyDelete
  2. Re: you comment - I think Dutch people as a whole are just HUGE. I read an article in the paper a few years ago and it said that Dutch people are considered the tallest in the world. Tall and just BIG. I know I'm the shrimp in the family and I'm 5'9". Crazy. Your boys are all going to be linebackers!

    ReplyDelete