Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Our New Home

I finally have a few rooms presentable and I wanted to share some pictures (I have had a few request).


Welcome to our home.  We have moved around so much that it is wonderful to finally feel home.  I thank God for this undeserved blessing!


The view as you enter the front door. There is a good size entry, so when guest arrive you are not crammed.


To the left in the entry is my in-laws china hutch.  It is a beloved piece that I am very grateful to have.  


To the right of the entry is the hall that leads to the bedrooms and bath.  Devin and Jake share the larger room and Drew finally gets to have a room to himself.  We have the Master of course and it functions as Jeff's at home office as well.  No picture of that room yet, it is still in "we just moved in" mess mode!


Not too exciting, but this is the hall.


This is a beautiful electric fireplace.  Just flip the switch and you have a warm and inviting "fire"!



Here is the part of the living room that is on the same wall as my gallery.



And now looking opposite the hallway to the left side of the living room into the dining/kitchen combo.


My creative center!  I plan to make it tidier under the table soon.  We plan to clean out the garage this weekend, so I'm hopping to find room out there for my fabric boxes.  I love this quilt.  I started it when we lived in Visalia, I think when Jake was one or two.  This saying has come to have deep meaning for me!


My dining room.  I just painted and love the color.  I have plans to hang my candle chandelier and hang white curtains.  In good time!


Opposite the dining is the kitchen.  I love the open bar. I have wanted an open bar for a long time.  The little cupboard to the left is my dedicated baking cupboard.  For those who know me well, this is a very treasured place.  I didn't paint the backsplash because I have a creative idea.  I'll post pictures when it is done. 


And here is a luxury! I have an indoor laundry room! I haven't had one in a while.


This is taken when I was standing at the kitchen bar.  I love the view outside.  The picture isn't the best of the view.  What I love is that I look out and see green and trees!


And last but not least.....is our six month old "Tree Walker Hound" Sofie.  She is a sweet little girl in the morning and afternoon, but changes into a terror at night.  Maybe she is a Vampire Hound!





3 comments:

  1. beautiful job deanne! I may just have to come and visit you sometime! And have some chocolate chip cookies!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good job on the tour of your new home. Your home looks better than mine and I've been living here for almost 6 years. I still don't have things on the walls. Take Care, Alison

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oops, I meant to choose this choice instead of "Anonymous". Sorry

    ReplyDelete