Monday, June 30, 2008

Passive Aggressive Road Rage

Today I took Jake to the dentist to get some work done on a tooth. The lady at the office took Jake to a little room to get an x-ray of the bad tooth. As we left the first room to go to the next, the dental assistant lady told him that he would get to choose the smell of the nitrous he was going to get. Now at this point you must know a little history. The boys have played a video game where they race cars and to get extra speed they use Nitrous. So now that you know this I can go on with the story. So after the dental lady says this, Jake looks up at me with a smile and says, "So if I fart I will go real fast!".............gas+nitrous=speed (isn't little boy math and logic great)!!?!!

Okay, so on the way home I am going down hwy. 99 South to Lodi. There is only two lanes, and on the left lane is a little Honda or Toyota with an mature woman looking to be in her 70's as the driver and a man in the passenger seat looking to be about 80ish and sporting a neck rest curved around his neck. I got behind her and she was only doing about 65, which on this highway that is slow! So I pull to the right lane and instantly I get this person in a white KIA on my tail. I hate it when someone rides my tail! She then pulls into the left lane and starts to tail this time soaked couple and this makes me really, really mad! So I decide to make sure she will be stuck, not able to get past us. My Trooper is now strategically going just fast enough to block my lane against the older couples car so that Miss. Rudeness will not be able to get past us. So for about two miles I do this, driving using both mirrors balancing my vehicle against their position. Finally, I notice that not only am I keeping Miss. Rudeness back but a whole slue of cars behind her and myself. Hmmmm...........this felt like some power to me...........not good power, but none the less I had stopped up the traffic. So knowing that I was doing to much of a power play (and this is a very rare thing I'm doing, I just hate for someone to bully the underdog). I speed up and pull in the left lane ahead of the "slow" couple and Mrs. White KIA Queen of the Road pulls around us and speeds off. I took a good look at her, a woman of about 50ish, now I'm really mad, she should know better. Well, maybe she has a bladder control issue and has wet herself and is in a rush to get home, you really have to give people the benefit of the doubt. ARGH, I hate it when people are rude!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment