Sunday, January 3, 2010

Heavy On My Heart

After talking with a close friend over the weekend, I have realized that I have experienced many different things over the past few months. Because of the way God made me, I internalized things and think deeply about them. I will move slowly on situations and take my time to figure out how I should react and try and figure out if my feelings about the situations are correct. Because of the mired of things that have been going on and my deep feelings, I have wanted to know how, in the light of my faith in Jesus Christ, I should be reacting to things around me.

I have it on my heart to journey through the New Testament in search of how Jesus lived his life, interacted with the people he encountered and what he taught in light of how we should live. Now don't get me wrong, I already know much of this. I have been a Christian for 33 years now. Yep, it was Christmas time when I was 6 years old that I decided to ask Jesus into my life. So this journey isn't because I have no knowledge on the matter, I just hunger and thirst for more.

I plan on posting about this journey. I want to post what I find and how the Lord has spoken to me. This is a personal journey, but I also want it to be one that I can share what I learn and hopefully inspire others to walk the way Jesus walked too.

I love my Lord with all my heart. When I am in a quiet place I have great plans of living for him. Yet, when I am out there, in the world, I find it difficult to always live the way my heart wants to. Also, I am often confused by the situations that go on around me that I have to deal with. I want to have a firmer base of knowledge, and the confidence to execute Christ like living!

Check back, I will be posting!

No comments:

Post a Comment