Sunday, March 2, 2008

What's in a name?

What does the name "d.d.Mariedee" mean? First of all the current meaning to the name "d.d.Mariedee" has to do with my creations, the things I make to sell on ebay and etsy.com.
I wanted to have a business name for the clothing and other things that I will be selling.

Where the name came from is another story. Actually, my Mom will sometimes loving refer to me as DeeDeeMarie-Dee. When I was a little girl my nick name was DeeDee. It was very cute at 4 years old, but some where around the time I started school I decided that I had out grown it. I wanted to be called by my real name Deanne (pronounced Dee-Ann).

My Mom was and is a very good seamstress. She would sew cloths for my sister and I when we where young girls. I remember when I was in 5th grade I wanted name brand jeans that we could not afford (in 1981 they cost about $30.00)! My Mom made me jeans and embroidered a design on the back pockets to make them look like the name brand ones. That was so loving to me. She also made the prom dress I wore to my first prom. It was like a fairy tale to me. Needles to say, I learned to sew from my Mom. So it seems fitting to use the name "d.d.Mariedee" to name my clothing and creations!

I finished an outfit this weekend and it turned out so cute! I can't wait to sew some more!

No comments:

Post a Comment